General Web Resources
The following resources have been written to support general web development.
There are also Authoring Guidelines and Best Practices specific to the Waikato website.
- HTTP Codes
- A list of all the HTTP status codes and standard associated phrases, intended to give a short textual description of the status.
- HTML Validation
- Why should you use an HTML validator.
- Escaping from Frames
- How to ensure that other web sites cannot display your page inside their framesets
- 'Web-Safe' Colour Chart
- Table of colors 'generally' suitable for use on any 256 color display (Mac or PC)
- Creating Accessible Forms
- Tips for creating accessible forms that are easier to use and complete.
- XSSI Scripting Introduction
- A introduction to Apache Extended Server-Side Include technology currently in use on ITS managed web servers
- Macron/UTF Browser Support
- To test browser capabilities when it comes to presentation of the UTF character set and other named entities.
- Character-set use in Web Content
- A Discussion about use of character-set declarations for web content, client support for recognition of them, and reccomendations for implementation
- Web Related Mailing-Lists and Newsgroups
- ITS Web Server - Webshares, migrations etc ...
- A very basic overview of how to connect to the ITS WebServers; create and edit content; and migrate files from the test to live server.